There will be debit cards – Visa branded. It’s easier taking over a board game than ensuring James Bond puts it on his Visa. Oh and did I mention there is a (Visa) branded electronic card reader to record all transfers. That’s exactly what we want, a board game that needs batteries.
Why the new Monopoly might just work
- The debit card is realistic enough to be swiped at Life Style.
- The electronic reader, worth a few dollars, can be doctored to read all cards (thanks Korula)
- The shoe is being replaced by a mobile phone. One doesn't mind being a mobile phone..I think.
Why the new Monopoly won’t work
- Looting a bank vs punching in numbers...punching numbers is so much more fun.
- "How the hell did you become a zillionaire?" "Er..I must have hit 0 twenty two times."
- Batteries for a board game. Batteries that you will most likely flick from your remote. And we know how that ends.