Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Far Far Away

I should feel ashamed of myself, considering I have ignored this sad stab at a blog for as long as I could. Anyway, here I am in a different city light years from Mumbai. I came with no expectations and now I love it - well so far so good. And it isn't really the boondocks - they have a Cafe coffee day, heaps of five stars we can actually afford, a lounge bar - heck they even have a Big B outlet. We are on India;s map. Here is what I have learnt in the past few months -

1. Money isn't everything, not if what you are earning is the jam. Not if you are in visag!
2. Freelancing rules, the trick is persistence and spam.
3. I can drive - and I am not scared of traffic!! Hurrrrrah, drove close to 700 kms from Delhi to Visag...went up to 120 kms/hr. I am good and I didn't even know it!
4. The Indigo Marina is a damn comfy car - takes some getting used to.
5. Stealing a Gemini from a Naval submarine and going for a joyride around the Visag harbour is awesome - even when you almost get run down by the fleet when you run out of petrol.
6. A Huge big bookself is this season's must have accessory. WHAT WAS I DOING ALL THIS TIME!
7. Beaches are real pretty especially when viewed from a hill top with a vodka in one hand.
8. Barbeque on Doplhin hill view point one has its disadvantages, everyone now knows us as the noisy group with a large marina and an effective sound system.
9. Babies are fun, adopted or otherwise as long as you are not changing the diapers,
10 Visag makes everyone a bitch to some degree - me? I am busy freelancing ;)

4 comments:

gaurijo said...

hey ramama! is the beach as good without a vodka as well? if yes, its time to invite us :)

markhuron4373 said...

I read over your blog, and i found it inquisitive, you may find My Blog interesting. My blog is just about my day to day life, as a park ranger. So please Click Here To Read My Blog

ozzie said...

vodka looks pretty with anything.

da Angel wears Escada said...

Pardon my history but this town Visag of which you wax rapturous; another name for Vishakapatnam?