Total Pageviews

Friday, January 21, 2011

Wishlist for 2011

It's that time of the year again when I dust off my little diary and figure out what I have been wanting to do but never quite got around to doing. The last time I did that was way back in 2004 Make a Wish

This list is more sane, more grounded, more mature me...
  1. Travel…travel..travel
  2. Go broke..go broke..go broke
  3. Revisit Lakshadweep and get my %$^ diving ticket
  4. White water rafting – somewhere!
  5. Doodle, sketch, draw, Photoshop – forget the ebook reader, invest in a stylus
  6. Try to coordinate holidays with best buddies more often
  7. Study something but nothing related to Lit, too cliché
  8. Chase up my publishing dreams - there is a BIG BIG market for toddlers, zone in woman!
  9. Actually cook stuff more often from the recipe books I buy
  10. Call a friend a week at least! Just like that.
  11. Hell, get the ebook reader anyway

Books I am reading

Great Expectations because I love Pip, always did, there is something so pathetically abysmal about that thing called hope. Shantaram - the only Indian reader to have given this a miss, I actually borrowed this to see if it is worth the hoopla. Damnation I haven't been getting in much reading at all!


3 comments:

Gayetri said...

Do get the ebook reader - recommended Kindle.

That way:

1. You will save some trees.

2. You don't have to wait until you can go to the store to buy the book you want.

3. Make your own small contribution to popularizing the technology - we need to slowly move off old dusty and easily perishable books, heavy school bags for the kids, 'out of print' or 'available only in metro cities' books and killing trees. Also you would be encouraging 'self publish' opportunities so that we can get rid of the fat, greedy publishing houses.

Queer Nose for the Straight Guy said...

Hey R,

I dig your choix of books! c'est tres merveilleux. On Shantaram though - I must read it in the vernacular, to be one with the Maraussie.
That will be one of my greatest reading challenges ever if you dis(err, regard) Arundhati Roy and Anita Desai.

Peace,
Moi

Mellowdrama said...

@Queer Nose: Thanks..to be honest I sort of LIKE Anita Desai:) Glad we share the same taste in books, been reading a lot but haven't been updating my shelf